But yesterday I became a brave mum. While Matthew was out flying, two of us went to the yacht club for the first time. We had a lovely lunch together to start with (he loves the potato chips they serve, well... I haven't seen many kids who don't like chips).
It was such a beautiful hot day - without a dip in the water we could have got toasted. We put lots and lots of sun cream on and jumped in the water. I was lucky to find some of my friends there to help me until I got myself comfortable in the water. Once I got to the shallower end (even there I was tip-toeing!) it wasn't so bad in the end, especially since Oliver sort of learnt how to float by himself (with his floaties of course). We must have been in the water for almost an hour!

Oliver chilling out by the pool side - Need an another hair cut ?
We had such a great fun time together and you know what's great about swimming ? Oliver was so exhausted, he fell asleep on the way home. While he was asleep I had a very nice nap too. I haven't done it for a long time... I just love the lifestyle here...
Now we are both comfortable with the yacht club pool, I am keen to get out there more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment