Friday, 23 July 2010

Oliver's God Father



We were so excited when we heard the knock on the door at our hotel room. It was Victor - Matthew's best friend & Oliver's God Father. He hasn't changed much at all - well I should say his English is much better than I remembered.



Victor brought Reuban with him who is also a good friend of Matthew from their flying time in the US.

The boys had a great time catching up while we wandered around the world heritage sites. Today we visited Casa Batllo - one of Gaudi's works, Templo Expiatori de la Sagrada Familia - as you know it is still under construction, and Hospital de la Santa Creu i Santa Pau.



What an amazing building!



Victor, Matthew and Oliver in front of Sagrada Familia.



Reuban, Matthew, Victor and Oliver at Sant Pau hospital.

To finish up the day we went to Parc Guell. This is also a famous world heritage site where Guell asked Gaudi to design a country town. Because of the death of Guell it never got completed. I did read about this place and my friend in Brunei told me how wonderful all the buildings and mozaic works are there I was very excited. However, we ended up coming from the back entrance and missed all the important parts... No we didn't have that many beers but... Well now for sure we are going back to Barcelona again and see the rest of the park.





Not the most famous part of Parc Guell... still amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment