Wednesday, 21 July 2010

School run



As Oscar will be on his summer break from next week, we had a last chance to join the school run while we are in the UK. Not to mention, it was such a gorgeous morning again here in London - perfect for a school run. In Brunei people's school run is done by cars. If Oliver goes to school there it will be that way. Matthew and I really enjoyed the little walk in the fresh air this morning (I guess there are not too many days like today in London in a year...but still you can walk!)

Saskia and Oscar made the walk even better - Saskia told us about the area they live in and some of the historical facts. Oscar was very chatty all the way to school.

Some of the conversations we had.
Oscar is a scientist because he knows everything. He has a secret name that he uses amongst his co-workers (as in among other scientists). He told me scientists have to invent things so today at school he was going to invent a pancake maker - he had full details of all the different parts and what sorts of stuff he puts in to make pancakes.
He told Matthew that his hobby is traveling and visiting places but his job is saving the world. We just love the depth of his stories. He is fantastic!



Oscar in his school uniform - he has grown so much!!

This is the first time Oliver is spending time with O&G, but I can already see they will be great friends as they grow up. Somehow I can see Oscar and Oliver as Hamish and Matthew... We are so pleased to get to know them better. Gus is wonderful too - almost all the conversations I had with him this week finished with "why?". I am a bit worried about Oliver starting to talk... Oliver is enjoying being around the boys and Talia. This is the first time he is not the smallest. He is funny checking up on Talia every now and then when he sees her.

We are very excited we will have more days to spend with them when we return from Spain.

2 comments:

  1. The "why"-part reminds me of someone else you know too..! Sounds like you are having such a great time, and I'm amazed how lucky you are with the weather (we have rain on the 2nd day today, and 12 degrees!!!) - have a fab time in Barcelona now!

    ReplyDelete