Thursday, 8 July 2010

Last day of the term - Geckos

It will be an another year until Oliver can start schooling at JIS but we are already following the school calendar as Oliver goes to Geckos regularly. Yesterday was the last day of the term - Without the routine I lose track of which day of the week it is or even which day of the month it is. So I am very happy we are involved in the school system somehow.

We had our regular Wednesday activities - swimming and singing. As usual the singing session was very popular. Everyone was very involved and had a fantastic time.



Except for this little boy named Oliver who insisted on sitting on the see-saw whilst everyone else was sitting nicely as a group. But he was very cute shaking the bells and dancing along to the songs.



Then it was time for party!! One of the special treats for the children was "balloon animals" which I had practiced in front of my computer for the last week. At the last minute I lost my assistant - Matthew (he had to work...) so I was very busy pumping up the balloons and making them into different shapes. I had 5 things I practiced making - dog, giraffe, mouse, sword, and flower. Unfortunately I couldn't take any photos of me making the fun balloons as I was the one making them...
(My friend took some with her camera so I hope I can get some off her and put on the blog soon).



Some of my work



Oliver's little friend with my balloon flower.

All the parents brought some party snacks - they were all more than snacks. We had so much food! We could have a bake shop running!



Oliver nibbling on the party food.

Everyone seemed to had a wonderful time. I was very happy our party was a success and added a positive atmosphere to Geckos.

We have some renovations underway - it will be a great surprise for all the children to come back and experience NEW Geckos! See you in September everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment