Sunday, 25 July 2010

Familia de Rosell

The Rosell family invited us Roses to spend a few days at their house, such a lovely coincidence to have the same family name!! We packed our stuff and Sara's friend Xenia and Xavi picked us up. They took us to Sabadel, 20min drive from Barcelona. It was great timing as we were started to get a bit worn out from lots of walking and sightseeing. Plus we got to spend our Sunday in the Spanish way.

All the family members were there including Sara's grandparents.
We had lovely homemade Spanish lunch all together, of course with nice homemade Sangria! Julia (Sara's mother) prepared traditional country food for her parents - sheep's head (the following image may cause some disturbance so please be ready...). She was very considerate and prepared something different for us - duck and rabbit and they were divine.



Grandmother was so lovely and chatty but I could only understand one in 20 words she spoke. I really should have continued my Spanish language course when I had the opportunity in NZ. I now understand how Matthew feels when my grandmother in Japan talks to him non-stop. I think Oliver had better conversation with her!



It was such a hot summery day again. Sara got Oliver out in the backyard and played with water. He had a ball (and drank maybe 1 liter of water straight from the hose...)



Matthew got to watch F1 with Manuel (Sara's father) and we all had Siesta after lunch. I love the way Spanish people live, eat beautiful food, laugh lots and lots and sleep in the afternoon. We are so happy Oliver will get to spend lots of time in Spain when he is older with his Spanish Rosell family.



Manuel and Oliver both nibbling on sunflower seeds.

Visiting the Rosell family made our Spanish trip more authentic and cultural - thank you for having us!

No comments:

Post a Comment