Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Our trip to Perth

We escaped from the Abode of Peace for a few days to spend some nice family time in Perth Australia . We were very lucky, daddy flew us there and back. Unfortunately the flight timing was a bit confusing to Oliver and he had a bit of difficulty settling down both ways, but overall he is such a great traveler.

We arrived at the hotel around 3am so had a nice sleep in in the morning. We picked up our rental car and went straight out shopping! We went to Harbour Town outlet shopping center, then to IKEA and Spotlight to pick up bits from my shopping list.

Oliver coped well while mummy shopped around (for a long time) but he needed a little rest by the time we got to IKEA. We forgot to put our buggy in the car so we had to put him in the shopping trolly. He didn't mind at all.

I just need to put what I wanted carefully around him...



We stayed in Hilton Perth during our stay. It is located very centrally and for the last few years Matthew spent a number of times in the city overnighting, he knew where to go very well.

I must say starting the day with a nice hotel breakfast almost made our day. We just loved the range of food available to us and the relaxing surroundings. Oliver enjoyed it very much.



They had this very cool honey dispenser - cannot get any fresher!



On the second day we took Oliver to the Perth Zoo and had a great time. Some of the animals were difficult for him to see (as they were not moving much or were a bit far in the distance) but the ones he could see, he was so excited. Pointing at them and making all sorts of animal noises.







Of course we checked out some Aussie animals : )





Oliver got the best viewing spot for his favourite animals-Lions!



When we sat down for a snack in the picnic area Oliver kept calling out "car! car! car!" I didn't know what he meant for a while but figured out he was pointing out one of the pull-along buggies. We knew about them but forgot to hire one at the entrance, but daddy made it happen and here is our happy boy.





By the time we covered 2/3 of the zoo it got way too hot (the sun is so strong) so time for us to move on - for more shopping!
There wasn't much I needed to buy but I bought a few things just because I could... (bad, bad, bad)

It was such a refreshing holiday for us. Matthew won't be doing Perth flights for a while as B777 (other type of aircraft RBA has) is taking over the route so I am glad we did it this time.

And it was great to feel festive, having Christmas carols played in shops and seeing nice decorations which we don't get much of in Brunei...

No comments:

Post a Comment