Sunday, 28 March 2010

Run Auckland - Race 1

Today was the day, our first 10K Run. We got up a bit later than we planned but managed to feed Oliver and got ready for our run. Lucky the Run was held just across the road from M&D's place, starting in Waiatarua Reserve. M&D kindly offered to look after Oliver while we run, thank you very much! (or we dumped him so they had no choice??) Over 1100 people participated in the even in total.



Start line

Well how did it go...?? Not too good for me. I was already so behind at the start line and didn't get to run until 3 or 5 min into the race (just too many people and the road was very narrow) plus for some strange reason my legs were already very heavy and sore after 500m or so.



Misuzu 5k point - another 5k to go!

I found it difficult to run on different surfaces. On the road, on the grass and on the gabble, especially on the gravel I kept slipping.

The best part of the race? The finish line where Matthew, Oliver, Merryn & Dennis, Richard & Caroline were cheering for me and it was the end of my painful run.



Yeah finish line!!





The sporty Roses

Matthew on the other hand didn't do too badly. When we were training together he was struggling a lot but on the actual race day he really enjoyed running and went very strong.

Even though I didn't have a great run I still enjoyed participating in the event. We will be back again next year!

Anyone want to join us???

2 comments:

  1. Again - lovely photos!
    I especially like the one of you coming over the finish line! In HK you couldn't get that close obviously.
    Well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Misuzu.. u did brilliantly!
    i wish i had the drive & determination and running abilities you & mrs W have!

    ReplyDelete