Tuesday, 9 March 2010

A celebration run

It is Tuesday and is another hash night. Tonight's one was a bit different because the run was for one of the hashers who has completed 1000 runs!! YES ONE THOUSAND!! This lady has been hashing since 1966! Way before I was born. I've only done 16 runs so far (my current aim is to complete 50 runs).

It was in the jungle not far from our house. As Nicole didn't come along tonight and Boel is still suffering from her injury, I ran by myself today. It was the first time I went without my hashing buddies. Not much chit chatting, just followed the crowd and kept going. Actually I planned to run with the front runners but when we went into the jungle I was already way behind them and didn't get to catch up with them. But I still came out fairly fast. I enjoyed tonight's run very much as it had ups and downs with lots of parts where I could actually run through.

The on on was at the lady's house. She prepared fabulous food for us all. Everything was just so delicious.

I wasn't sure a year ago if I would like the idea of running in the jungle but now I am very happy that I got involved in it and am enjoying the run (thank you Boel for encouraging me). Especially now I am training for my 10k run, hashing became my cross training day :) Run! Misuzu Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment