Monday, 31 May 2010

Adidas Sundown Marathon 2010

Well this was it! - My second 10k race!!

It felt like a big storm was coming just before we left the hotel but it turned out to be such a beautiful night - perfect weather for this event. We left the hotel in our sporty gear and got in the taxi, we almost ended up missing the race as the taxi driver took us to a totally different venue :( but in the end we got to the Singapore Exhibition Center near Changi Airport well ahead of time. We picked up our race pack and got ready for the race.



Nicole helping me to tie the chip

Here are some photos of before and after the race.



Before (very relaxed and excited!!)



After (we got medals !!)

I ran a 10k race in Auckland in March so I kind of knew what to expect but it was very difficult to compare the two events as one was in the morning running into the sun plus lots of ups and downs, and the other was on after sunset with a very flat route.

The result ? - not much difference time wise. I was 425th (out of 5000 registered not sure how many actually ran) with 1hour 09min. But I found it a bit difficult to run in the dark and with the noise from the planes taking off. I really should have taken my i-shuffle with me to entertain myself while I was running, especially the last 3km. It got very dark and all I could hear was people's foot steps. At the finish line I felt a bit lonely since none of my family members were there to cheer me as they were in Auckland.

In the end none of us got injured and we all completed the race. Well done us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment