Sunday, 9 May 2010

New play area

Those of you who have been to our house know our upstairs living area has not been utilised. The main reasons for that was first, we didn't have much stuff to fill the area with and secondly, we didn't have a gate to prevent Oliver from rolling down the stairs. Last week we finally got gates put in to baby proof the area. And my friend Yasuko gave Oliver lots and lots of toys to fill the space (as her family is moving back to Japan). Hence we are using the area more now!

One of my friends told me when I put up a post on home improvement I should have photos - before and after. Well guess what? I forgot to take the before photo again... But I will be making more changes to this area so you will see the difference when I post more photos. Anyway this is how it looks now.



The baby gate



The new upstairs living area

Oliver loves the baby jungle gym (walking up the slide) and the wooden track that he can push around. I feel very cosy being upstairs as the floor is covered with parquet (downstairs is all covered with tiles).



Oliver knows how to climb up but doesn't know how to slide. Instead he dives off!



Yes! This is fun!!

One day we will buy a new sofa and a TV, but meanwhile this is a fantastic play area for Oliver.



Look mummy I can walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment