Saturday, 8 May 2010

Geckos Bake Sale

Yesterday at JIS, the little kids and primary kids had their annual Athletics Day. Yes - Oliver is still too small to participate in any of those events, but as a part of fundrasing for Geckos (the toddler group at JIS) we were offered to put up a Bake Shop at the site.

I knew exactly what I wanted to bake - Hello Kitty Short Bread, Gingerbread People, and My Famous Peach Danish (well...famous in our house).

I found the Peach Danish recipe (it is so easy, you cannot call it baking...) in NZ House and Garden magazine (Thanks to M&D). I must have baked over 100 Danish already just to have them at home. But believe me, they are so easy to make and so yummy! (Especially freshly baked in the morning). Unfortunately I forgot to take photos this time.

I went through a phase of buying lots of different cookie cutters in March and April. I am not sure what made me decide I need so many different cookie cutters but I bought 15 or so in total. Some in Japan and some in New Zealand.
It was about time to bake with some of them!

I packed all the cookies and Danish and went to the sale site.
By the time I got there our stall was already full of goodies!!! It was such a hot day. I felt so sorry for the kids running in the track. But this hot weather helped us to sell more drinks : )



You can see my gingerbread people and hello kitty cookies in the photo. They are the closest two items on the table.



Keira selling drinks



My friend made those gorgeous gingerbread cookies! They were sold very quickly.



Misuzu and Heather

Our sale started at 8am but by 10:30am we almost sold out of everything. It was such a success!!
I really enjoyed being involved in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment