People talk about mums going crazy organising their kids's 1st birthday, now I know what they mean.
I have been driving up and down the road for the last few weeks, looking for something special to add to Oliver's birthday party. Those who live in Brunei must understand it is very difficult sometimes to get what you want here. I know I should have thought about it much earlier and did more shopping while I was in Japan.
I googled and learnt how to organise a good 1st birthday party. The site said it is best to have a theme. So for Oliver's 1st party I picked "Old MacDonald Farm" as a theme (two reasons, firstly he loves animals and secondly his grandparents in NZ owns a kindy called "Old MacDonald Country Kindy"). The invitation said - Please wear something farm-like.
Being the king of dress ups, Oliver put his duck costume on!

This is how our living area turned into a farm with lots of Oliver's little friends!
Some walking animal balloons (they were fantastic! I think all the kids had their turn to walk them around!)
Food table (those sausage rolls were fantastic as usual, thank you so much Nicole)
And I got this Happy Birthday Flag finished on time (this was my first sewing project I talked about in the previous post) I was inspired by my neigbours mum who made the birthday flag for her grandchildren. Thank you so much for letting me copy the pattern! It turned out fantastic!!
And it was time to blow first birthday candle - Luckily he had Lucas to help him out. He didn't have any idea what was going on.

The cake
Some of his big friends came to help keep the party going. Here is Katy instructing the little ones how to play the match the duck game.

This is how much Oliver is spoiled! So many presents!!!
Oliver had such a busy day so we decided to open one present tonight. He was given a special BRIO dog (this toy brand is very popular in Japan too!) Thank you : )
Thank you so much everyone who came to make his first birthday special. He is so lucky to have so many nice friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment