Saturday, 27 February 2010

A mission for a mummy with a multicultural child

Since Oliver has been on solids my mission is to read both Japanese and English baby food books and somehow come up with good menus everyday. Now that Japanese food is widely eaten everywhere (even in Brunei!) I guess it is easy to imagine what sort of food I am talking about here. I would like Oliver to be able to eat any of the Japanese and European foods that I prepare at home.



Many of you might know that Japanese cooking is often done based on 3+1 items per meal. Main dish (cooked with meat, fish or tofu), side dish (mainly vegetable) and some soup + rice (or noodles or bread). According to the book no difference in baby food preparation.

Well I am not cooking so many items per meal everyday (sometimes I try tho). But I am feeding Oliver Japanese at least 3days a week. So far my mission has been a success. Oliver eats anything very happily.

As he is going into more advanced baby foods (9-12 months) my mission will get harder and harder --- especially the Japanese side.
I hope I can keep up my cooking :)
Don't worry I don't feed Oliver any sushi (yet!)

(✈ Singapore)

1 comment:

  1. ooh how baby feeding has changed since my Alex was little... pureed carrott and veg were the order of the day then...
    Oliver is a lucky boy to have such a great cook for a mum x
    ps I loved NZ!! x

    ReplyDelete