Monday, 8 February 2010

Day of Fun with Caroline and Richard

We had a very busy weekend. On Friday we finally redeemed our Christmas present, a voucher for a day of fun with Caroline and Richard. It included wine tasting in three different wineries in Matakana, a bottle of wine and a platter overlooking a stunning NZ view, picnic lunch at Tawharanui Regional Park, sober chauffeur (important in NZ!) and premium quality company (it said on the voucher *conditions apply).

Unfortunately the first winery we were supposed to visit was closed for a private function, but this means we have another excuse to visit a winery next time we are in the Auckland area. We drove to Heron's Flight Vineyard. The winery grows Italian grapes and produces Italian wine (I thought it was very funny producing Italian wine in New Zealand...). As much as we were excited, Oliver was also excited and enjoyed all the detailed talk about wine making + his first wine tasting... (just kidding! they also provided 100% pure grape juice tasting, they had two different sorts of grape juice to taste).





Give me more, Richard!

The second winery was one of C&R's favorite - Omaha Bay Vineyard. We had 5 kinds to taste and chose a bottle to have it with a platter. By the time I finished all the different sorts to taste and a glass of beautiful white, my tummy was feeling very warm and I started to feel very very happy♪



So fresh and so yummy!

The wine and platter was fab!!! but I have to say the best part of this winery is the view. Just so peaceful and New Zealand. I get a great buzz from this awesome scenery. Every time we come back here I feel so lucky to have such a beautiful country as my second home (Brunei is my third home). Now we have Oliver to share this wonderful feeling, I am so happy that he gets to see lots of New Zealand.







We continued driving to Tawharanui Regional Park. The park is in the process of eliminating predators of native birds. There were so many Pukekos (my favourite NZ birds), we were lucky to see NZ Dotterels. We had yummy picnic lunch and a nice beach walk.







Once again thank you so much for a wonderful day out Caroline and Richard. You know how much we enjoyed redeeming the voucher, now you don't have to think about what to get us next Christmas (hint hint...)

No comments:

Post a Comment