I have been up at 12:00am, 2am, 3am, 4am, and either Matthew or I need to get up at 5am for the day. Unfortunately Oliver is still jet lagged... This is our 3rd day back in Brunei but he is still very confused with the time and with us.
The first day back here he was determined he had enough sleep at 2am (that is NZ 7am). Last night he did a little bit better, went back to sleep after being up at 2am but was still so cheerful and no intention of going back to sleep after 5am... He is confused, why are his parents annoyed when he is smiling at them (at 5am in the morning) - very confused.
His meal time is juggled around too, when he thinks its meal time (he has 2 solids a day now) he only gets some water and a piece of rusk - very confused.
When he is ready to go to bed his parents still want him to stay awake (two weeks ago they were happy to give him a bath and put him in bed straight away...) - very confused.
I feel sorry for him being so little and being jet lagged. I am also sorry for myself and Matthew for not getting a good nights sleep for a while. I guess we had such a great time in NZ so we shouldn't complain too much.
Tonight he went to bed at 7pm very peacefully. We are keeping our fingers crossed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, our kids really struggled with NZ to Brunei. I think in terms of jet lag that was the hardest hop for them.
ReplyDelete