Monday, 25 January 2010

Girls road trip to Miri

As you all noticed by now (I hope!) my braces are off. They came off just before Christmas and I was so thrilled to have them removed. I really enjoyed talking and eating without them for three hours (only) until my orthodontist gave me retainers (very disappointed...) He told me they are just temporary ones until my proper ones are ready in a months time. They were clear and molded to my teeth shape. The good thing about those ones was you could not see them, bad thing was you cannot eat with them, so while I had them on I could not snack nor taste a bit of what I was cooking etc.

Well today was the day the new retainers were ready, so of course I went all the way to Malaysia (Miri) to collect them. For the last year and a half Matthew always drove me down there but for the first time I drove. (He was on standby from 3pm so I left my boys in Brunei) Instead one of my friend came along to keep me company. We made very good time getting there and had plenty of time for shopping after my orthodontist treatment (even though shopping in Malaysia is still very limited). I managed to find a new top (yeah!!) and we enjoyed real coffee from Starbucks!

Well... the new retainers have wires on them so you can tell that I have them on (gggggrrrrrrrr...) I need to have them on for the next 6 months.
So far not too comfortable but I am sure I will get used to them soon!

(✈ Standby)

1 comment:

  1. a starbucks... in Miri!!
    worth going there to just get a starbucks i say x

    ReplyDelete