Friday, 22 January 2010

Gecko début

Today was Oliver's first day at school. Well... it is a toddler class at Jerudong International School where he will be attending when he turns two years old. The class is called Geckos and they are open to young children from birth to 3 years old. They have lots and lots of toys, books and fun activities. Some of the activities may be a bit early for Oliver but on Monday they visit the library, Wednesday they have swimming and art and on Friday they have sandpit time and singing. It is open from 8am till 11am and only costs us $4 for the family each time we visit. I knew about this since Oliver was born but thought he was a bit too young to enjoy all the exciting stuff they offer.

By the time we got there around 9:30, the other children were walking back from the sandpit and returning to the classroom. When we entered, Oliver's eyes went wide open! He was so excited!! He loved crawling and climbing up the slide gym. His legs are so strong now that he can push himself up and stand for a while (of course he needs to hold onto something but this is such an amazing development to witness).



ohhh this is cool!!



Yeah! top of the slide



Help me daddy... I am sliding down....

He also enjoyed playing on the car track where he can hold onto the side of the table and chew lots of different cars and animals. I think after we come back from NZ I am going to order one of these tables for him to play & practice standing up.






On the texture wall I found a Pukeko!

As much as Oliver enjoyed the environment Matthew and I also enjoyed meeting with new parents. I found out that it is not always the mummies who bring the children in sometimes daddies do so when mummies have other things on, so depending on Matthew's schedule we can go together or just one of us can take him in.

(✈ standby)

No comments:

Post a Comment