Saturday, 30 January 2010

Mahurangi Regatta

Today after a good sleep in and nice coffee we went out with the Fenwick Roses to Mahurangi Regatta. Dennis (Oliver's grandpa) drove us to Mahurangi Regional Park. As always I really enjoyed the beautiful scenery of New Zealand (I tried to take photos of cows today but couldn't see any black and white ones).



When we got there I was very surprised by the number of cars and sail boats there. Our first mission was to find the Fenwick Roses in this crowd of people.



Oliver was very thrilled to meet his aunty Kylie, uncle Lindsay and cousins - Corin, Rory and Devon. Corin's first word to Oliver was "Oh he is really cute!"
Kylie and Lindsay had reserved us a shady spot under a big Puhutakawa tree with a nice sea breeze.



Merryn and Dennis



Corin looking very cool in his snorkeling gear



Rory checking out the sailing boats



Devon has grown since we saw him last

After the yummy lunch we went out on a rowboat with Corin and Rory to see many interesting boats. There was a pirate boat with a bar and a BBQ deck on the top, Corin was very concerned about the evil looking pirate flag but Rory wanted to join the BBQ!

Oliver loves the wonderful weather here in Auckland and enjoying the time with his NZ family.






It was just a picture perfect day!! I love New Zealand!!

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha! So funny. hat! Ha ha ha! HAT! Chin strap! Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete