The day has come! My favourite time of the year in Japan - Cherry blossoms in full bloom! We were away for the weekend in Wakayama prefecture where the cherry blossoms had already came and gone, I had to make a special effort to go to my usual viewing spot before it's too late.
We only got there after 4pm so the light was soft but the photos didn't come out as bright as last time we were here for it. Still very impressive to see though.
I was so happy!! You can tell I didn't know what to do? - jumping on the tree branch?
Oliver wanted to copycat me but I wasn't quite tall enough...
Doesn't smell strong - but just nice subtle smell:

Such a beautiful sight. I am so happy to be Japanese.
We walked to a park to have an early dinner under Sakura trees. Oliver was very impressed with the flower tunnel:


Unfortunately it rained so heavily yesterday so most of cherry blossoms are already gone. I was so happy Matthew was here to enjoy beautiful wonderful Japan with us :) We will be back again next year for sure!
If you are thinking of visiting Japan, I highly recommend picking this very special time of the year.
I so want to go and see this! It looks spectacular! Maybe next year we should try and plan a trip together?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! It looks like you enjoyed it enough for the both of us :)
ReplyDelete