Monday, 7 November 2011

Jinbei playdate

It has been a while we had Oliver's Japanese friends over for a playdate. Since it was a public holiday today in Brunei all the kids were off school together (some go to local nursery where you have Fridays and Sundays off which makes it difficult to organise a day to get together).

Both of the girls showed up in their Jinbei (Japanese summer wear) so I quickly re-dressed my boys in them too.

Here they are ready to hit the backyard!



They looked gorgeous in their outfits. As always he loved having his friends over to "his house". They spent quite a while on the swing set too.







I think Luca enjoyed himself too. Look at our boy, looking very healthy and happy. (It was his 5th months birthday - he is growing sooooo fast!)



This coming week JIS is celebrating International Week. The children will be studying ‘Near Neighbours’. I think nursery kids may be too little to appreciate all the happenings during this week (Oliver is studying Malaysia in the classroom). But I am looking forward to seeing the The International Parade on Friday. The children will be dressed in their National Costume in honour of their home country.

Oliver participated in this parade last year as part of Geckos. He was dressed in a Maori piupiu. So this year I've decided he will dress in a Japanese costume. I could send Oliver in his Jinbei outfit like today but I bought him a more traditional Japanese summer kimono/Yukata. He will look so good in it but he is not too keen on wearing it. We will see if we can convince him. (He wants to be an All Black. I don't blame him...) It will be an exciting week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment