Saturday, 23 October 2010

Progress

After an intensive cleaning, (well I had to clean it so much just because I wan't tidy enough and my ball had concrete/glue all over it...) I finally got to the next stage - grouting. Basically you are filling the gaps between the tiles with coloured concrete, I chose white.

This is how my ball looked before grouting.



It was a very therapeutic session as I was just moving my hands around the ball for quite a while, trying to make it nice and smooth...



Once the grouting started to set, it got a bit trickier and I had to be more gentle. Maybe difficult to see from the picture but the white tiles I used are much thicker than the blue ones and having to make grouting set smoothly across these bumps was quite a mission. Plus I was not sure what finish I was looking for as this was my first project.

3 hours later... I have completed the grouting process! (Thank you so much Paula for being so patient with me and letting me stay so long in your studio)



Next step will be cleaning and polishing the ball. Soon it is coming home with me, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment