Sunday, 17 April 2011

Mystery bus trip - Part II

Yes! Our next stop was a winery - Coopers Creek Vineyard. Matthew and I were really hoping one of the stops on this tour would be a winery and there we were!!

While other visitors were sampling the wine, we enjoyed some tasty fresh apples. Especially Oliver, he ate a whole apple and still went back for seconds. They were so crisp and sweet!



I have done wine tasting a few times but not like this one. We had over 10 different wines - how generous! The vineyard collects different grapes from many different places in NZ as well as growing some in their own vineyard.

I thought a couple of wine tastings would be good for our baby in my tummy but after 3 or 4 tastings I had to give up and pass my glasses to Matthew. I liked the reisling and the dessert one tho.



While adults tasted fine wines, the kids were occupied by special snack packs prepared by Merryn - she is wonderful!



The vineyard had an excellent facility for lunch. Instead of offering restaurant food, they offer picnic tables for people to bring their own picnic. After a good rainfall the grass looked nice and green and the air was very fresh - fantastic!! (I ate too much again...)





After the lunch we had a little walk in the native garden. I love NZ plants : )





And some games of chess



Richard vs Rory

Having a few glasses of wine and full tummies we were ready for more mystery bus rides and more stops.
The great fun continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment