Friday, 1 April 2011

Fun day at the beach

Matthew had a whole day off today - yeah! I thought it's time for Hinata to have a break from Oliver calling "Nata, Nata!" and dragging him around everywhere.

So Matthew took Hinata to the Berekas Forestry Reserve and I took Oliver to a playdate at his friend's place. I also thought them spending time alone would be good for Matthew's Japanese and Hinata's English.

Here are some photos from the boys excursion this morning.





Hinata told me he was just checking out the waves but the wave got him pretty badly. He was soaked!!



Later we met up at the yacht club for lunch and enjoyed some more beach activities. Hinata wanted to try kayaking.

Here is Matthew giving him a quick lesson on how to row.



Getting the kayak in the water.



It was a very hot day but the sea was very calm and perfect for kayaking - Off they went!



While the big boys were at sea, Oliver enjoyed his afternoon nap in a fresh sea breeze - Bless him!



They went quite far out.



Our little boy woke up and wanted to go for a swim - Lucky I had a sun hat for him today, it was just so hot!!



Swimming with Hinata and daddy.



Hinata was kind enough to make a sand castle for Oliver but his fear of having sand on his feet came back again and he didn't want to stay on the beach...



Instead he had a dip in a temporary kiddy pool (Unfortunately the yacht club pool is still under construction) he had a wonderful time : ) I love it so much that he can now entertain himself for quite a while and I don't have to stay right beside him all the time.



Hinata has reached halfway through his Brunei excursion, we are planning to do some more swimming and a visit to a mosque tomorrow. On Sunday the English Roses are arriving so our house will be full!! And we are planning a surprise for Hinata at the very end of his holiday!! I think he has been so great with Oliver, he deserves a special treat : )

No comments:

Post a Comment