Thursday, 9 December 2010

Special birthday celebration

Tonight Matthew and I were invited to a very special dinner party - to celebrate the Japanese Emperor's 77th Birthday. It was held in the International Convention Center. The party started with the Japanese ambassador's speech.



It was nice to hear the Japanese national anthem and feel proud of being Japanese once again (I somehow feel more Japanese when I live in overseas).



Danna san and Me

The greatest part of the function was the food, they had 4 different Japanese restaurants in Brunei plus the ambassador's personal chef preparing very fresh Japanese food.





Not to mention, I ate too much...

They had a display of 3D TVs (as you get in parties?), here is my friend Yoshimi and Hyeyoung trying it out (Don't they look cool in their Kimono and 3D glasses!)



And them without the glasses - front and back beautiful Kimono!





It was great to catch up with some Japanese friends I don't get to see often. Certainly a very good night for us : )

2 comments: