Monday, 13 December 2010

Kids Christmas party

On Monday I invited some of my Japanese friends and their kids over for a Christmas party. I just love feeling festive and seeing kids excited about Christmas (Yes, you are right, its mostly for me!)

We started with a sit down Christmas lunch. Japanese meat patties with vegetables with rice shaped in a star for kids. Once the kids were fed and full us adults enjoyed some roasted chicken and vegetables.





Rina



Oliver



Jo

Then some sweet treats for the kids - Christmas tree shortbread! This was a great hit : )



And some Christmas activity in the kitchen - gingerbread cookie making. By this time Oliver was too tired and went to bed for a nap so missed out on this fun time but I think he wouldn't have got the idea anyway, maybe next year.



There were so many cookie cutters to choose from.





Mummies are smiling for the camera : )

To finished up the party we all enjoyed (especially me!) some home made pavlova and some fruits. I am getting so good at making my own pavs now : )





Only 12 days till Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment