Thursday, 2 June 2011

Brunei International Tattoo 2011

A while ago Boel asked me if we wanted to join them to go and see the military tattoo during the school break. I just had no idea what she was talking about so I had to go home and google it. It turned out be a very rare event that we got to go and see. It was held in Brunei this year to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Royal Brunei Armed Forces.

I was first amazed that the indoor stadium had perfect air-con, not too hot, not too cold, just right. And secondly it started on time!

Walking into the stadium - very exciting!



We found our seats no problem (we should have paid more to sit on the other side so that we could see the performance facing us)



Grand opening:



A man came down from the ceiling - very cool performance!



Some members of the Royal family arrived.



12 countries participated - unfortunately NZ was not participating : (



The Royal Australian Navy Band and Precision Drill Team.



There were big TV screens showing live images - the Royal Army of Oman Band.



Brunei



Philippines - I thought they were very good.



Indonesia



It was certainly great to see not only the band formation but also a good mixture of alternative performances.
Malaysia - a motor bike stunt.



China's Guangzhou Acrobatic Team - just amazing!





Snack time - we had some pizzas : )



Brunei came back with a kung-fu-performance:



Of course Kung-fu Panda was there to entertain the kiddy audience!



Grand finale



What impressed me the most was Oliver didn't lose interest for the entire show - it was 3 1/2 hours! He was still doing the conductor movements in the car on the way home. You can see more of his impressions of the show in the other post.



It was just a fantastic event, I am so glad we went!

No comments:

Post a Comment