For a starter Matthew had cauliflower and blue cheese panna cotta and I had warm duck and mango salad. They were both divine. So unique and so yummy!
Our friend ordered different starters, so of course I had a wee bite of theirs too!
Prawns on grilled watermelon - who would have thought you can grill watermelon ha?!
Before I left home I was determined to have a big steak for my main. So I ordered the NZ Angus tenderloin steak. It was so delicious and perfectly cooked. I almost forgot to share it with Matthew. His two way lamb was fantastic too. I must have eaten most of both of our dishes.
Our friend ordered a 600gms sirloin steak for two. The head chef told us that the meat is from New Zealand and they are grass fed cows. And he sliced the meat and served each plate. Yes, you guessed it right, I did have a taste of their main too!
It turned out to be a very popular meal. While we were dining three other tables ordered the same dish (some were groups of 4 people so they ordered two of them).
Even though my tummy was nice and full I couldn't miss dessert. But when I was going to ask for a menu this beautiful birthday cake appeared with the happy birthday song! How lucky am I : )
I totally enjoyed our dinner out with delicious food and lovely company. There were some items we didn't get to see/try on the menu so we will be going back there soon to check them out (and to try the dessert menu)! What a fab way to celebrate my birthday. Thank you!
So we should have delayed our return to Auckland and joined you for the birthday dinner!!!! We know your actual birthday was very full-on, Misuzu, so we're glad you enjoyed your belated birthday dinner :)
ReplyDeleteMerryn and Dennis xxx