It was organised by the Parent-Liason-Group at JIS (where Oliver goes to his toddler group Geckos). They advertised for 20 slots and to my surprise it was full and they were all excited and enthusiastic!!
The school kitchen was fantastic (flash food technology class room - fully equipped), I felt like I was doing a cooking show on TV! People were taking photos and movies. I even had a great assistant - Boel with me.


First I showed how to make tamagoyaki, the Japanese egg rolls. The bench was quite high and I felt like nobody can see what I was doing until they told me they can see through the mirror!

Then everyone had a go with their own sushi mat and made a sushi roll each.


Then we made some Gyoza, I loved the atmosphere, everyone was happy to be involved and asking lots of questions - made me feel less nervous : )

To be honest I wasn't sure how this class would turn out but I am pleased I did it and hopefully I can do it again!
Anybody interested?
I've told you that you can make business out of this!! So many people want to learn!
ReplyDeleteI can rustle up another 5 people for a in-house demo easily, just at the hash several was asking me when I was talking about last night!
Well done you!
(And you didn't seem nervous at all!)