Sunday, 12 September 2010

Cultural afternoon

Oliver was exposed to more cultural stuff this afternoon. After visiting Maria's Open House (which was so lovely), Oliver took his baju off and put on an awesome Maori piu piu that Kylie (Matthew's older sister) made for Oliver. I made sure to fill him up with a reasonably big lunch so that his puku (Maori word for belly) was nice and round.

Here is our boy - Maori version;



Looks like he is performing a haka ?

We all had fun taking photos of each other;





There will be an international day celebration at school (and children from Geckos will be attending) in few months time. No doubt he will be representing NZ in a very cultural way!

Thank you so much Kylie!! We always love your lovely crafty work : )

1 comment:

  1. Look at my adorable nephew! I'm glad it fits and that he likes wearing it. I thought it might not fit Oliver quite yet but he looks so happy in his piupiu.

    ReplyDelete