What a wonderful way to catch up with our friends! Boel kindly accepted my request of having Oliver's 3rd birthday party at her place during our stay in Brunei.
It took me a while to decide on what birthday theme to have - something Oliver is into right now... like dinosaurs? Cars? Planes? Ah ha! Sushi!!! It turned out to be a great theme as Sushi is very popular, especially in Brunei.
Let the party begin! - Welcome everyone!
First free play with kitchen and train sets - Oliver was so excited to see so many of his friends:
Daddies also had a good time catching up while the kids were busy:
The party had two main parts. 1) Make your own sushi lunch and 2) Felt craft activity.
The table was set nicely - I bought a mini-sushi mat & spatula set for each kid.
Let's make some sushi!
Muuummm So yummy!
Come on carrot I want to eat you!
Sandwich sushi was also popular:
While I assisted the kids making sushi, Luca was well looked after - thank you Aynur :)
Time for us adults to eat too:
It was great watching the kids enjoy eating what they had made. Certainly it was a HIT!!
Then time for some glueing and sticking - Let's make some takeaway sushi! I loved that the parents were so good getting involved and assisting the kids.
This is the sample sushi set I made:
Well done Ewan!
Someone asked where I got the felt sushi kit - No I didn't buy them, I just spent couple of nights cutting the pieces myself. But as you know felt is just so easy to deal with - easy peasy :)
In no time at all it was time for the main event - the cake! (continue to the next post...)











No comments:
Post a Comment