Monday, 8 August 2011

Relieved...

Some of you might have noticed I haven't updated my blog for a few days. This is the reason why.
On Friday last week I decided to bring out a baby gym for Luca which I had packed away. I thought Luca is so alert that he will enjoy looking at animals and stretching out on it.

It was packed nicely in the bag it came in with two long spring tubes which you attach to make arches to hang animals. Well... when I open the bag and tried to get them out - they came out with so much force and smacked me right under my left eye. If you have been following my blog for over a year you might remember I had this operation done on my eyes. It hit my left eye so hard I thought it must have done some damage to my retina again...

My vision was clear but I could see some floating things in my left eye and it felt like it got worse and worse. So this morning Matthew took me to RIPAS to get it checked out. I was so nervous thinking they will tell me I have to have another operation straight away. When we got there the car park was full and cars were everywhere so we thought we will be there all day but to our surprise they saw me straight away. And the nurse who checked my eye vision remembered me from last year and got my file organised straight away!

I was examined by three different optometrists including the specialist surgeon who operated on my eyes last year. They were very thorough and told me everything looks very healthy! Phewwww I was so scared lying there.

It turned out that what I am seeing was some of the jelly components inside the eyeball which liquidate as you get older - in my case because I am so super short sighted it is happening much earlier and just coincided with the incident I had.

So all is good - now I can be back on my computer blogging away!


No comments:

Post a Comment