Thursday, 18 August 2011

Fresh veges

We do our grocery shopping at Supasave where we can get fresh milk, and most veges we buy from our local vege market. We sometimes go to another supermarket in Hua Ho department store to pick up odd bits and pieces. I like their eggs more than Supasave ones (funny obsession I know) and fresh passionfruit when they have them in stock.

Today we were surprised to see this new hydroponic lettuces in their vege section. The ones we normally get from supasave are air flown from Australia - they taste ok but they are quite expensive. The ones we bought today are locally grown and they had several kinds to choose from too! And best of all they were very cheap : ) We had them for dinner tonight and they were very very good.



It is a hassle to visit a few locations to get what you want but I think it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment