Friday, 15 July 2011

Sultan's 65th birthday parade

I am glad my parents came over this week - in addition to all the sightseeing and lovely walks, we could offer them the chance to participate in the Sultan's 65th birthday parade.

Well... we weren't too sure about what will be happening and when. We bought yesterday's and today's newspaper to find out about it but we couldn't find any information except "the parade will be in the morning, downtown". So we got ready and jumped in the car this morning. When we got there we found lots people starting to leave the Padang...

I thought we missed it and I was very disappointed... but suddenly we heard big bangs and lots of smoke appeared.





We could only see from outside the Padang but with my camera, Matthew managed to take shots of what was going on.











Formation flying with coloured smoke - Oliver liked this!!





We were lucky to be where we were as the Sultan and other members of the royal family came out the gate where we were!

Here is Oliver patiently waiting:



And here is the Sultan coming out waving:



We always said we should go and see these events and we haven't so I am glad we went and didn't miss the important bits. My father was extra happy and told me it was one of the highlights of this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment