Do you remember I was making Oliver's outfit? I managed to get it done 15min before the party started! But guess what?
He fell asleep while I was getting ready! Bless him! Can you tell what he is dressed as?

Oliver slept for almost an hour in his buggy but woke up very cheerful and couldn't stop eating corn chips. What do you think of our little Yoda!?

The party house was well decorated, and we were greeted by dressed up birthday boy and parents, Star Wars snack and drink table and more!

The birthday boy Jedi Lucas.

Proud parents; Boel (Princess Leia) and Nathan (Jedi).
I think this was a hit! I heard lots of kids saying "Oh I need another Yoda Soda!"

The bigger kids played 3 different types of Star Wars games and each time they completed they got a star sticker on their badge, how cool is that? Linnea kindly gave Oliver three stars even though he didn't participate.
Boel has been raving about this surprise she prepared for the kids. And it was a great surprise even for us adults. I didn't even know the 501st Legion who are aparently the biggest Star Wars costume group in the world existed (you can read more about them on Boel's blog)
The kids eyes almost fell off when they walked in! Oliver was very scared and held onto Matthew like a koala bear - but he didn't cry, maybe because he was a little Yoda!
The group photo.
And it was time for a very cool birthday cake : )
Oliver left the party with a Star Wars goody bag and inside there was a very special gift. The group photo they took an hour before - nicely framed! He was very impressed and talked to the photo for quite a while...
I love that parents put so much effort into their children's birthday here. Things we can get here are limited so you need to plan very well and in advance to make the party special but it is certainly great fun!
Oliver's birthday is not till late May but we need to start thinking about what we can do to make it extra special!
No comments:
Post a Comment